{{making our house a home}}

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Kid Space

I haven't started working on the Kid Space, yet. We will be starting in the next couple days and hope to be done before our guests come. In the meantime, here are a bunch of ideas & inspiration for the room! I don't remember where they all came from because I have been saving them up for so long.

Originally, I was thinking bright colors (lime/aqua/orange) tied down with a neutral color (brown), but I really like this teal & blue together.

On one wall, we are going to build bookcases. I really want the first one, but it might be a little much in the smaller room. We are almost definitely going with the second. Pottery Barn Kids

Land of Nod

Check out Knock Off Wood for plans to build your own!!

The large closet in the room will be organized. I am making sweetly asking my hubby to put wire shelves in half the closet and the other half will house the TV entertainment system. Organize It Mom!

I am going to use chalkboard paint on their closet doors so it gives them a way to draw on the walls and it be ok. You’ll see why we need this in the Before photos!

Then we need some art on the walls! I am going to take 3 different colors…hey, I can’t give all my ideas away! Here are a few other ideas, though!


I am going to either build a kitchen for Kaitlyn for Christmas or re-purpose something extremely unexpected!

Definitely will put one of these in!!

Yah right! In my d-r-e-a-m-s!

Any ideas for the Kid Space??

- Laney

1 comment:

  1. I think if you have the closets with the chalk board paint then the 2nd shelf organizer from Land of Nod will be perfect.

    ReplyDelete