{{making our house a home}}

Thursday, March 25, 2010

2 Weeks? Seriously?

Agh! It has been exactly two weeks since I last posted. I'm so so sorry. Hehe.

We have been so busy around here. The girl started dance {what a cutie patootie!} and the boy started soccer {which I am coaching...eek!}. Last weekend, I tagged along with Hubby to a disc golf tournie. After the game, he was tossing a mini disc around with a buddy, fell and tore a ligament in his ankle. No more excuses! I have started many-a blogs in the past. Life would get in the way and I gave up. So, I am coming back this time. Thank you to everyone that called me on it.

What got me back today is the $5 Challenge at Living with Lindsay. She issued a challenge to her readers to create a spring decoration spending no more than $5 at a dollar store. Before posting I took a sneak peak at a few of the other entries. Wow! These ladies are great!

I was inspired by this little birdie and my new found obsession with making cake plates.


First, I spray painted my little friend with Heirloom White. After that he got a "glaze" bath with some brown paint I had laying around mixed with a little water.

I found this vase on one of the aisles at the 99 Cent Store and I fell in love with the color. So pretty! I immediately went looking for a white plate. I did not want a cream plate competing with my little friend.

Glue glue glue, paint paint paint, camera ate some pictures, blah blah blah...and here is my very simple, very cute Spring decoration. **This is a inside, night picture...I will be replacing it in the morning when I have good light**



Breakdown:
Birdie - .99
Plate- .99
Vase - .99
Bag of Moss - .99 {used less than a third}
Bag of Eggs - .99 {used halfish}
Paint & Glue - on hand

There we are...under $5 and we have a new Spring worthy decoration.
I just hope the kids leave the eggs alone. There is no candy in them, kids!

Now, go check out the other beautiful decorations.

6 comments:

  1. What a great project! You are one crafty and creative gal. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling arrangements. Love what you did with the birdie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. Can't wait to see it in person. Luv Ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it! I also used the same bird in a project! I love the cake stand, so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete