{{making our house a home}}

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Chalkboard Recipe Board

The internet is used a lot around here for recipes, despite all the cookbooks stuffed in the cabinet. The bad part about this is that I waste a lot of paper jotting down recipes so I have them in the kitchen {I am too messy to take my laptop near any kitchen appliance}. I saw crafties using chalboards as menus and I decided to try it as a Recipe Board.

This is what I started with.


This was really thrifty because the frame was in a garage sale box, the black paint has been used for a couple other projects and the chalkboard paint was given to us by my father-in-law for the kiddies playroom {there's still enough for that project!}. The frame was super duper scratched up.
I scratched it up a bit more, sprayed the frame black and the glass chalkboard.



Let it dry, put it back together and voila!


I can take it to the computer with me, write does the recipe and put it up near my prep area. I can also write down recipes from books that I don't want to ruin, like my new retro cookbook from yesterday {that's where this St Patty's Day inspired recipe is from}.



I love it and I can not wait to use it! Unfort, tonight we are having hot dogs and tater tots...no recipe there!

- Laney

I am linking to:
100 Ideas Under $100 at Beyond the Picket Fence
Strut Your Stuff Thursday @ somewhat simple {giveaway!!}
Get Your Craft On Thursday @ Life as Lori
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage
Show Your Stuff Party @ Fireflies & Jellybeans
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Feature Yourself Friday @ Fingerprints on the Fridge
Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous
Make sure you stop by and comment on these fabulous projects!!

13 comments:

  1. Such a cute idea! I am your newest follower. If you can follow me back that would be great! http://1craftymommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you used green chalkboard paint instead of the much more used black! Makes your chalkboard more traditional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. I did something similar with a vintage photo frame.

    Great job!

    -jessica (visiting from the shabby nest party!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous idea! I found your blog through The Girl Creative, and I'm glad I did!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hotdogs and tater tots.... too funny..

    Great idea.

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thurs. Please join me next week for another great party.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower here! found you through TGC, love your chalkboard project...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea to be able to carry it with you--smart thinking. Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great project! well done! I'm visiting from New Friend Friday at TGC. I enjoyed my visit and am inviting you to drop in at my place sometime this week! until later...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love chalkboards! Good job!

    ReplyDelete