{{making our house a home}}

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery

Right? I hope so!

Back in December, Disney from Ruffles and Stuff posted a tutorial on repurposing old baby/toddler tights into super cute knee highs! Of course, I had to try it.

I could only find one pair of old tights. The rest must have been given away. Boo.

First, I cut the legs off of the tights. I have another use from Ruffles and Stuff for the top of these tights.

Then, I rolled the top of the tights to the inside and pinned the elastic slightly below the top. It was easy with this pair because of the horizontal lines . Yay for easy!
When I had the elastic in the right spot, I used a zigzag stitch to sew the elastic to the tights.

Hmm...if only I had a super cute model to show you the finished product...

These knee highs are the cutest thing and one of the best ideas I have seen! Bug l-o-v-e-s her new "socks". I beg you to please go here to see the Ruffles and Stuff tutorial!! She has more details in the steps and he daughter is adorable in the different knee highs.


Photobucket



4 comments:

  1. Those are so adorable. I need a little girl to make those for, my youngest girl is 11 now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest model I have ever seen!!! Those socks turned out so darn cute as well. I love how K is foot modeling like a pro. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are adorable! My little girl would love them. Great job and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are SOOOO cute! I loved those kinds of knee highs when I was little. And what a cute model!!!

    ReplyDelete